RedSDK Rectangular Area Light Luminance
About Rectangular Area LightArea light sources are surface lights that emit light from a rectangle.
- Intensity decay â€“ Set the rate at which the lights power diminishes.
- Diffuse color â€“ Sets the diffuse color of the light.
- Diffuse affect â€“ Sets the relative intensity (power) of the diffused light.
- Specular color â€“ Sets the specular color of the light.
- Specular affect â€“ Sets the relative intensity (power) of the Specular light.
Specular is particularly effective in draft render mode, with no materials applied, just pen colour.
- Pos â€“ Sets the X,Y,Z position of the light relative to the object to which it is attached.
- Dir â€“ Sets the X,Y,Z direction of the light relative to the position.
- Top â€“ Defines a second axis which is perpendicular to the direction, used for the rotation if the lights display is not circular.
- Samples Count â€“ Sets the number of samples used to populate the light surface. Must be greater than 0.
- Width â€“ Sets the width of the defining rectangle.
- Height â€“ Sets the height of the defining rectangle.
- Shadows â€“ Sets whether the light will generate shadows, or not.
- Shadow Color â€“ Specifies the color of shadows created by the light.
- Shadow Map - Sets whether shadow map will be used.
- Intensity or Decay - clicking the plus sign next to the luminance name will allow selecting of either Intensity (if no decay is set), or the decay name and decay parameters, see RedSDK Intensity Decay page.
Previous page - RedSDK Point Luminance
Next Page - RedSDK Spot Luminance
RedSDK Luminance Reference