RedSDK Point Light Luminance
About Point LightThe point light is a centric light. It produces lighting in all directions around the point light, although the light is in all directions, it is like a cube with a wide square spot light on each side, there is a brighter spot emanating from the centre of each side with the light diminishing slightly as the sides merge.
In TC pro the luminance should be attached to an ACIS solid object, objects created as TC surface in pro can give unpredictable results when luminance is attached to them, with respect to the luminance origin.
- Intensity decay â€“ Set the rate at which the lights power diminishes.
- Diffuse color â€“ Sets the diffuse color of the light.
- Diffuse affect â€“ Sets the relative intensity (power) of the diffused light.
- Specular color â€“ Sets the specular color of the light.
- Specular affect â€“ Sets the relative intensity (power) of the Specular light.
- Pos â€“ Sets the X,Y,Z position of the light relative to the object to which it is attached.
- Shadows â€“ Sets whether the light will generate shadows, or not.
- Shadow Color â€“ Specifies the color of shadows created by the light.
The shadow colour has two functions, to change the colour of the shadow and to lighten and darken the shadow,
- Shadow Map - Sets shadow map on or off.
Previous page - RedSDK Directional Luminance
Next Page - RedSDK Rectangular Area Luminance
RedSDK Luminance Reference